What do you call the sign you see when you walk into an office or building lobby?
When you walk into an office lobby and see a nice three dimensional sign with metal painted letters, what is it called? Many people say it is a lobby sign, some call it a reception sign, others a Welcome Sign. No matter what you call it, the important thing is that it represents your brand so it had better be right.
Make sure the custom painted colors match your brand marketing guide, the font (letter style) is correct, the size is the right proportion and that the trademark (circle R) or service mark (SM) are there to protect your brand.
Is the lighting correct? Too bright and you get glare, too dim and you can’t see the special shadow effect behind the raised letters. Wrong lighting angle and it will take away from the professional look and ambiance. Back-lit has a nice halo effect, lit from the bottom gives a soft look. What look are you going for?
Questions to ask yourself to get ready for your Lobby Sign:
- What type of finish do I want? Shiny metallic finish, brushed metal finish, custom painted edges, multi color
- What type of background? clear glass backdrop, frosted acrylic, wood grain, stainless steel, custom see thru finish
- How thick should the letters be?
- How far should they be off of the wall for the right effect?
- Do I want holes in my wall or some other way to put them up?
- What is my budget? signs can be made many ways to meet a budget
- When do I need it to be up? some custom materials take longer than others
- Where should it be placed and how much space is there for my logo?
Need more information? We can help answer all of these questions, just give us a call.